Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Vandwelling Hermit #2

So, today I found a nice place to park that allows me to shower and wash my clothing (1.50 for 1 wash & dry cycle). I decided to give my new camp site  a quick glance over and it seems safe. I took a 2 hour nap during the height of the afternoon and was not discovered. A guy parked next to the van and didn't seem to notice me in the slightest. That's kind of what I'm going for. Stealth camping can be hard, but there are always place in any city that will serve as a temporary rest stop, without too much worrying about being rousted by the police or criminals.

Here is a list of single-burner (propane) recipies that I've tried/will try in the next 2 months. It's going to be simple camp meals for the next few weeks or so, but that ought to allow me to save up enough money to upgrade the van/get healthy/cut back on smoking/obtain some form of employemt, and get my drivers licsense renewed. After I do accomplish this, I'll start another list.

I'm highly considering a simple solar system w/a second battery & inverter, to supplement my power supply. Also, a AAA/AA/C/D solar charger as they are relatively cheap and you can set one up in a second. Most of my power needs are: Laptop, AA rechargable batteries for my am/fm radio, small 5w flourecent light. I'll be sure and add a scanner that can pick up local police broadcasts, so that I am not caught unawares.


No comments:

Post a Comment